Thursday, November 4, 2010

NEWS AND UPDATES

PAYPAL UP AND RUNNING

Several orders have been processed now through PayPal, so I know it is up and running OK. This site is also now a Certified PayPal user.  PayPal is one of the main advantages to ordering from this site. A lot of people love PayPal and feel safer using it.  Amazon and CreateSpace do not take PayPal--UNLESS you have a PayPal credit card, which functions as a debit card and offers the same advantages as regular PP.

The other advantage to ordering from this blog are, if you live out of town and want an autographed copy of the book, you can order here using PayPal and get the book direct from me. At present this is a little slower, but soon we hope the difference will be very slight.

AUTHOR INTERVIEWED BY HOMETOWN NEWSPAPER

On Wednesday, November 3, I was interviewed by Owensboro Messenger-Inquirer writer/columnist Suzi Bartholomy and a photographer named Jenny, who took multiple photos and also asked a few questions.  The resulting article is due to be published Monday, November 8.  I found Suzi and Jenny pleasant to talk to, and very professional.  They made the whole experience a  lot of fun.

SALES OF BOOK PICKING UP 

After a slow start, sales of  WHAT'S A MOTHER TO DO? have become somewhat more brisk. It still isn't flying off the shelves, but a slighter higher gear has been found. As we learn more about getting the novel into bookstores and libraries, and how to be more effective in promotion, it should  begin to take off even more. Thanks to everyone who has honored me by buying  copy! I hope you won't be disappointed!

BOOK SIGNINGS  

I have been asked if there will be a book signing, or signings, in the future.  I'm hoping there will be enough interest to make this a possibility. I'll keep you posted.

WILL THERE BE A SEQUEL? 
Again, this depends on how well this book does.  If there's enough interest -- yes.  In fact, I am hoping for a series. All of these novels would have Mother in the title, just as Sue Grafton uses the alphabet, as in D is for (whatever).  Janet Evanovich uses numbers: One For The Money, Two For the Show, Three to get Deadly, and so on. John Sanford has the word Prey in most of his titles. Mother (my private eye's nickname) seemed a good way to go. My next title is going to be  MOTHER LOVER.  After that, there are many possibilities.

COMMENTS

You will need an ID number to post a comment. If you have a Google account, use that number. (If you don't, get one. It's free and it comes in handy!) I would appreciate your comments on the blog, the book, me personally, or even my hat if you're so inclined. However, my hat has a blog of his own: travelsofthehat.blogspot.com
You might find it amusing.  My hat, Cosmo Hatt, is my number one supporter. He has a review on the back of my novel! (He loved it, of course!)  This is the kind of humor I hope you will find in WHAT'S  A MOTHER TO DO?

REVIEWS

I hope, when you read my book, that you will take the time to write a brief review on amazon. com.  Come down the page from the book's picture, and you'll see a box marked Write a Review. You should be able to do this whether you buy it through Amazon or not. This would be very helpful, and I would appreciate it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment